Friday, May 4, 2018

Vacation Week...

Well, another ‘utilitarian’ ride ;-). I forgot my computer power cord and the closest place to pick one up seems to me Microcenter. Wow. Well, good excuse to discover some new road!



Not a great deal to say on this one. The ghost town of North River Mills and the lovely homestead along the way were the highlights. It’s sad to me that the little town is fading away. Curious that in the day it was along a ‘thoroughfare’ and now all of the major transportation routes have gone other ways. The little country roads in and out are charming to me, but I suspect most would find them too remote and inconvenient. I noticed a for sale sign on one of the properties, perhaps someone will find a way to create a retreat that will revitalize this bit of history and provide a sanctuary for those caught on the treadmill? It would seem fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment